Counter Flow Pellet Cooler Introduction
The Pellet cooler is an important machine used to cool the wood pellets and animal feed pellets discharged from the pellet mill which are of very high temperature and much moisture. The airflow direction in the cooling machine is opposite to the flowing pellets, thus leading to the evaporation of moisture from the pellets. While moisture evaporation, heat is also removed from the pellets.
Necessaries of Choosing a Pellet Cooler for Pellet Plant
The following is a detailed explanation of the necessity of choosing a pellet cooler
1. The temperature of the wood pellets from the wood pellet mill is about 60-80. If we pack the pellets immediately, it will affect the pellets’ quality.
2. The moisture content of the wood pellet is about 15% and it is easily broken into powder again without being cooled. After cooling, the moisture can be about 10% which helps to prevent the pellets from mildew.
Why Counter Flow Pellet Cooler
There are numerous cooling machines, but the counter-flow pellet cooler is the most suitable one for the pellet plant. The outstanding features are as follows.
1. High efficiency. The temperature of cooled pellets could be 3 to 5 centigrade lower than room temperature and the moisture will be removed by 3.5%.
2. Discharge automatically. The unique sliding-valve discharging unit ensures its smooth discharge and reliable operation.
3. The countercurrent cooling method avoids direct blowing of cool air on the hot pellets preventing surface cracking of the pellets and maintaining high-quality biomass pellets and animal feed pellets.
Pellet Cooling Machine Technology Data